Interested in making an investment in clean energy but unsure about the regulations? We've got some good news for you: it's perfectly legal, and there's an entire system in place to promote the use of clean energy.
Since 2011, solar photovoltaic (PV) systems have been allowed in Malaysia, and the government has established a number of programs to promote their adoption. To give consumers additional opportunities to install solar PV systems for their homes and enjoy cheaper energy bills, the government has allotted a quota of 100MW in the NEM Rakyat category under the Net Energy Metering 3.0 program (NEM 3.0) up to the 31st of December 2023. The energy generated by the solar PV system on the homeowner's roof will be consumed first under NEM Rakyat, and any surplus energy will then be exported to the national grid in the form of a credit to the homeowner's TNB account. For a period of ten (10) years, a portion of the homeowner's electricity cost will be partially offset by the credits acquired.
The durability and scalability of solar PV systems have been demonstrated over time, both locally and worldwide. Therefore, now that NEM Rakyat is in existence, it is more practical for homeowners to install solar PV systems as long as they reside on landed property and have enough roof space for the installation.
Homeowners can profit from this appealing program as well as the other advantages of owning a solar PV system, which includes:
- Savings of up to 90% on energy costs
- Positive return on investment (ROI) as a result of the alluring program offered
- The complete bundle of post-purchase services for comfort,
reducing carbon footprint
- Your property's worth will rise even further
What Do I Need to Know About Governmental Facilitation
The Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia is the implementing agency, and the Energy Commission of Malaysia (EC) is in charge of regulating NEM Rakyat.
The owner must meet the following requirements in order to be enrolled in NEM Rakyat:
- a TNB consumer who has registered or who has applied to do so.
- Domestic Tariff is a subscriber to Tariff A.
- Not a person who is behind on their payments or is charged with tampering with the meter.
- Renewable energy must only be produced using solar photovoltaic.
What Paperwork Is Required For This Plan, and How Stressful and Drawn-out Is The Procedure?
You simply need the following documents to apply for this program:
- Identity document (MyKad)
- Your utility bills
- A photocopy of the premise's Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA)
- Photocopies of the quit rent bill and the land title
- Marriage license (if the property is in the name of the spouse)
- Birth certificate (if the property is registered in the name of the parent, child, or sibling)
It's important to work with a solutionist who offers end-to-end service, from a technical feasibility study to commissioning the system, because your clean energy solutionist will handle all these submissions on your behalf to guarantee the application runs as smoothly as possible.
How to Assess My Supplier ? What Can I Anticipate From Them Throughout The Process?
To ensure a seamless delivery, it is crucial to thoroughly assess your solution service provider before signing up for a solar PV system with them:
- Check to see how long your clean energy solution provider has been in operation and whether they have a solid background in installation, authority approvals, and maintenance.
- Make sure your clean energy solution provider has the legal authority needed to create and install solar PV systems in Malaysia.
- Make sure your sustainable energy provider is knowledgeable about and abides by all applicable local laws at all times.
Flexible methods of Payment:
Financial obligations may seem burdensome, but there are more payment plans available that let you pay as you go. Clean energy solution providers will offer you the chance to buy the solutions entirely, which are often paid for with cash or a bank loan.
Not Sure OR Still Condering How To Go Installing A Solar PV System At Your House?
With an end-to-end clean energy service provider who handles authority interaction and worry-free inclusive warranties, you can make the transition to solar energy with a seamless and trouble-free experience. By singing up with Vestech Energy EcoHome Solar, you may enjoy 5 years of all-inclusive maintenance services while saving up to 90% on your monthly energy expenditure. Contact us and through Live Chat if you're interested in learning more about residential solar panel systems and costs.